- 1 medium eggplant cut in slices – lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces feta
- Green & red pepper (1/2 of each – diced)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic reduction
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt & pepper to taste
Grill the eggplant slices until lightly brown and let cool.
When cooled place a piece of feta at the bottom (widest part) of an eggplant slice, roll up and place on a serving dish seam side down. Continue making rolls until all slices are used.
Sautee red & green peppers with olive oil until softened, add green onions and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, add tomato sauce and tomato paste, mustard and balsamic reduction, parsley, salt & pepper, sauté all for 3-4 minutes.
Top the eggplant with the sauce, garnish with pine nuts & parsley.