- 8 Large Shrimp, Boiled and Cooled
- Parsley Pesto Marinade
- ½ Red Onion Diced
- 6 ripe Roman tomatoes, or 2 ripe tomatoes, grated
- Salt & Pepper
Parsley Pesto Marinade
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated kefalotiri cheese (Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese can be substituted)
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. The result will not be your typical thick pesto it will be more of a marinade.
Pour parsley pesto into a shallow bowl and add shrimp to marinate for approximately 15-20 minutes.
Grate your tomatoes and spoon onto a long serving dish or large serving plate and season with salt and pepper.
Top with shrimp that has been marinating in pesto.
Garnish with diced onion and drizzle a bit of the pesto marinade all over.
Serve and enjoy!